I'm Joel Radon
Systems Administrator, IT Security Professional, and Web Designer
- Age 29
- Location Merritt Island, FL
- Website http://joelradon.com
Thanks for vising my site. My name is Joel Radon and I’ve been in IT since 2004. Be sure to check out my blog. I started this blog in June 2016 and I am trying to add as many tutorials I can as self documentation and to help other IT professionals.
I have 13 years experience managing, deploying, hardening, updating, and migrating Windows Server and Active Directory. I’ve managed, upgraded, and migrated Exchange and Office 365 Environments.
I have experience with various Hypervisors including VMWare, Hyper-V, and Xen. I’ve used Veeam and Unitrends to maintain backups of VM Servers.
I’ve built, managed, and hardened Linux Servers. I have experience with Ubuntu and RHEL servers. Some applications I have setup are RTC (IM and messaging), Help Desk, Vulnerability Scanners
I have experience mitigating security risks using pen testing, vulnerability scanning, port scanning, IDS systems, and social engineering.
I use Kali Linux for penetration testing. Some of the exploits include websites, application, OS, wireless, and social engineering vulnerabilities.
I have designed, maintained, and managed many WordPress sites. I manage offsite backups, and hosting.
If you are interested send me a message, and I can email you some sites I’ve built as well as references.
Network Administrator II
Skills Used: : Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012; Exchange 2013, Active Directory, Penetration Testing (Nessus, NMap, Kali Linux, etc.), Cisco UCS Servers, Cisco VOIP environment, Sonic Wall Firewall, Banking Software (Navigator, Akcelerant, Datasafe, IMM, and more) WSUS, DFS, Group Policy, and PowerShell.
- Responsible for managing 350 PCs and over 90 Servers using Active Directory, Exchange, WSUS, and PowerShell
- Solved complex installation and service pack issues related to business critical banking software without any downtime .
- Planned and Implemented Exchange 2013 Infrastructure from scratch and upgraded Active Directory to Windows 2012.
- Experience with upgrades, migrations and new installs on the following platforms: Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 2003, 2008, and 2012.
? Assisted with Vsphere installation, upgrades, and storage expansion. Experience with Vsphere 3,4, and 5.5
? Worked with VM backup and Replication using Veeam to backup and replicate VMs on a schedule
? Performed Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing against various environments including Windows OS, Linux OS,
websites (IIS, Apache, WordPress), Injection threats (SQL injection, Cross Site Scripting, and Cross Site Forgery), Wireless
Networks, and more.
? Mitigated security threats by constant patching, vulnerability scanning, port scanning, etc.
Skills Used: Windows Server 2003 and 2008; VM Ware products, Cisco Networking Devices, Computer and Network Troubleshooting,
Project Management, Wired/Wireless Networks, Cloud Backup.
- Efficiently managed 100 users and computers for two sites (Melbourne, FL and Silver Springs, MD)
- Managed Servers using VSphere at both sites
- Administered Active Directory and email for all employees
- Duties ranged from global network support, server updates and maintenance, cloud and tape backups, computer repair, AV
equipment, purchasing technical equipment
Skills Used: Windows Server 2000, 2003, and 2008; LANDesk Network Management Suite (Administration, Service Desk, Workflows), VMWare products, Cisco Devices, Computer and Network Troubleshooting, Project Management, Wired/Wireless Networks.
- Provided technical support and assistance for users of the school district’s computer system consisting of 400 computers, 60 printers, and 60 projectors with duties ranging from acquisition, installation, maintenance, utilization, repair and security.
- Resolved technical problems on wired and wireless networks.
- Managed Active Directory on all servers and client computers.
- Assisted with the installation of major OS/?Software upgrades.?
- Provided technical expertise and performed research for the procurement of new computer systems/? software/?network upgrades for school district, including ordering and purchasing of systems and parts.
- Assisted with staff training.
Skills Used: Windows Server 2000, 2003, and 2008; LANDesk Network Management Suite, Active Directory, Project Management,Server Cabinets, Customer Service, Computer and Network Troubleshooting.
- Provided 3rd party technical support to the Osceola County school district for the member schools and the district office
covering network, server maintenance, hardware/software troubleshooting and user training.
- Directly managed and schedule projects with the end user including, configuring Active Directory for network clients, installed and configured network hardware and software, administered network security, building Corporate Servers and
Server Cabinets, backed up file server data/disks.
- Evaluated customers’ needs and suggested additional or alternative equipment or service as needed.
- Consulted with customers to assess their hardware/software needs and develop an action plan.
- Provided technical support and training to end-users.
Computer Support Technician
Skills Used: Technical Support, Customer Service, Problem Resolution, Team Support, Ticketing System, Troubleshooting,Documentation, Microsoft Office Applications, Tier 1 Help desk, LAN, Windows and NT platforms
- Provided technical support via remote access to the company’s desktop hardware and software packages.
- Performed diagnostics and coordinated repairs of computer issues, printer issues, software issues, and server issues with nationwide Administrative rights on all Lockheed Martin unclassified domains and local systems
- Documented problems and solutions within a ticketing system.
- Received outstanding customer service reviews from client feedback reports.
- Improved technician training for new techs or techs unfamiliar with a certain software or hardware by contributed regularly to
technical knowledge base.
- Increases technical and company knowledge by successfully completing training on Diversity, Customer Care training, Microsoft Office Applications, and Lockheed Martin Applications.
Geek Squad Agent
Skills Used: Computer Repair, Documentation, Customer Service, Cashier, POS Terminal, Peer-to- Peer networks, PC Setup, Software/Hardware installation, Data Backup, PC troubleshooting.
- Performed repairs on customer’s computer equipment in an efficient manner.
- Assisted with customer inquiries.
- Facilitated with product sales, upgrades, installations and service.
- Received customer payment and performing cashier services via POS terminal.
- Documented all work performed.
- Rated as agent with the fastest turnaround time on the computer repair desk and 100% accuracy on all computer repair cases.